Browse our collection of the best kegel exercisers, recommended by world-class specialists and experienced customers. Compact and light weight, these body-safe devices can strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. They offer comfortable insertion and are safe for anal and vaginal use. Use them to improve your sexual health and pleasure.
What are Kegel Exercisers?
Kegel exercise, also known as pelvic-floor exercise, involves repeatedly contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor, now sometimes colloquially referred to as the 'Kegel muscles'. (Wikipedia)
Kegel exercisers can help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. These muscles support the bladder, uterus, rectum and small intestines. Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles can help people with urinary incontinence and bowel control problems.
Kegel exercisers are often weighted and shaped like small balls or eggs. Usually, they are made of soft and smooth silicone that is easy to clean. Kegel devices, also called pelvic floor exercisers or vaginal weights, can be used daily to strengthen the pelvic muscles.
In addition, keeping the pelvic muscles fit often leads to enhanced sexual experiences. People who exercise regularly have better control over ejaculation and heightened feelings during an orgasm.
With age, everyone's pelvic floor muscles start to weaken. This puts people at risk of pelvic organ prolapses. Although Kegel exercises are usually considered part of women's health, they can strengthen men's pelvic floor muscles as well.
Why Kegel Exercises Matter: Health Benefits of Kegel Exercisers
Kegel exercisers strengthen your pelvic floor and vaginal muscles, which can prevent bladder leakage, fecal incontinence, chronic pelvic pain, and other health issues. Kegel balls for women can enhance sexual pleasure and accelerate healing after pregnancy.
Below are the most important benefits of using kegel exercisers:
- Enhanced orgasms: Many people say that after using kegel exercisers on a regular basis, they reach the climax easier. Regular pelvic floor muscle exercises send more blood to the pelvic regions, which can result in more intense orgasms.
- Better sex life: Pelvic floor muscle training exercises can help relax the vagina and anus leading to more comfortable and enjoyable intercourse. Relaxing pelvic floor muscles can also improve natural vaginal lubrication and increase sexual arousal.
- Health benefits: Pregnancy, childbirth, straining from constipation, ageing, surgery and being overweight can weaken pelvic floor muscles. This can lead to poorer bladder control, bowel incontinence and other pelvic floor disorders. Regular kegel exercises can help by strengthening pelvic floor muscles.
- Recovery from childbirth: Many women experience bladder leaks and pelvic organ prolapses after vaginal childbirth. Using kegel exercisers can improve pelvic floor health during pregnancy, preparing women for labour and birth. In the postpartum period, kegels can help women heal perineal tissues.
- Multi-use sex toys: Although kegel exercisers aim to improve your pelvic floor strength, they can also be used for pleasure. Made of soft silicone, they are often waterproof and come with several vibration features. A remote-controlled kegel G vibe can enhance orgasms while helping strengthen vaginal muscles.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Training: Best Practices and Simple How-to-Use Guide
Before starting your kegel exercises, it is vital to empty your bladder. For your first time, find a quiet and private place to exercise.
Start by sitting or lying down and then tightening your pelvic floor muscles. The easiest way to identify the correct muscles is to stop urination midstream. Lube up your sex toy and your body. We recommend using water-based lubricants as they are compatible with exercise devices made of silicone.
During the first few kegel exercises, tense the pelvic floor muscles and hold tight for 3 - 5 seconds. Then relax and keep going until you have done 10 repetitions. The more you practice, the longer you will be able to hold pelvic muscle contractions.
This workout should be done daily. For continued benefits, make sure to incorporate them into your daily routine. Do not be discouraged if you do not see immediate results.
According to many health professionals, it usually takes anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months for kegel exercises to have an effect on bladder leakage, passing gas, and other issues.
Kegel Exercisers FAQs