Discover our selection of the best anal douches and shower enemas, that can safely prepare you for anal intercourse. Our douching equipment is body-safe and easy to use. Pair your device with a high-quality personal lubricant for easy insertion and enjoy clean anal play.
What are Anal Douches?
Anal douches are tools designed to flush the rectum with water or a specific solution to remove any fecal remnants. Douching can be done as a medical treatment or in preparation for receptive anal intercourse.
Rectal douching is a hygienic practice to clean the rectum to void hardened stools as opposed to a pharmaceutical method to soften the stool. (Wikipedia)
Rectal douching refers to cleaning the rectum with a device such as a tube or squeezable bottle that squirts out water, saline solutions, or other liquids up the rectum.
The purpose of anal douching is to clean and prevent odor, so people can confidently enjoy their anal experience. It is also done to void hardened stools instead of using medicine for stool softening.
The main types of anal douches include douche bulbs and enemas. Bulb douches are the most common and affordable types of douche kits. They usually consist of two pieces: the squeezable bulb-like body, made from silicone or rubber, and a nozzle for anal insertion.
Shower enemas come with a shower attachment that can be installed directly on the shower. While they can easily prepare users for anal play, they are not recommended for beginners because the water temperature and pressure can be unpredictable.
Enema bags are usually a part of enema kits. Some consist of different interchangeable tubes and nozzles. Others come with a hook to hang the liquid-filled bag, allowing gravity to clean out the anus.
Why People Do Anal Cleansing: Top 5 Benefits of Anal Douches
Anal douching is usually done for hygiene reasons. It can help users feel more relaxed and confident during their anal sex experience. Deep douching is not always necessary because recent bowel movements can help clear the rectum. Thus, a gentle and external cleaning of the anal canal can often suffice.
If you're considering anal douching, check our list of the top 5 reasons why people do rectum cleansing before anal intercourse:
- Cleanliness: Cleaning the anal canal before sex reduces the contact with feces and bacteria. This lowers the risk of certain infections, such as shigella infection. Douching can also help people feel clean and more relaxed.
- Improved self-confidence: Many people are self-couscous about having an 'accident' during anal play. Although douching is not necessary when preparing for anal intercourse, it can be a great solution to prevent a potential mess.
- Maximum comfort: Worrying too much about making a mess during anal sex can significantly impact your enjoyment and comfort. Many people prefer douching beforehand, as it guarantees a clean and comfortable anal experience.
- Odor-free experience: It's no secret that fecal matter smells bad, which can definitely kill the mood. This is why many people prefer to use different types of anal douches, which can keep the area clean and prevent bad smells during sex and solo play.
- Better sex and enjoyment: Douching can make you feel cleaner and less paranoid about making a mess, leading to a more pleasurable experience. Plus, anal douching is also a good practice for lovers who enjoy rimming.
Health and Anal Douching Practices: Enema Bulbs, Water Solutions and Time Considerations
It is recommended not to eat for at least 30 minutes before douching or using an enema.Before using a douching kit, find a comfortable space; the bathroom is a good choice.
Make sure to clean the kit with gentle soap and warm water. Fill up the bulb with warm water. You can use tap water, a water mixture, or a normal saline solution, which helps keep the rectum safer.
Once the bulb is filled, attach the nozzle back on. Proper lubrication is a must: make sure to use lubricant on the nozzle and inside the anal canal. Find a comfortable position that gives you easy access to the rectum. Slowly insert the nozzle and squeeze the bulb to empty all the liquids into the anal canal.
Try to hold the liquids in for 10 - 15 seconds, and then release the fluids into the toilet. Repeat this process until the water is completely clear.
Once you are done douching, clean the bulb and nozzle with mild soap and warm water, and let it air dry.Never share your douche kits with others, as that increases the risk of STIs.