It’s January and let’s face it, most of us have piled on the pounds.
Whilst our main gripe is probably that we can’t fit into our new skinny jeans, weight gain can also have other side affects that we might not realise.
It’s almost certain that we will find ourselves at one stage in our lives feeling like we just don’t have the urge or desire to have sex. There are many reasons this may be, some serious, and some not so, but one of the least spoken about is weight.
Studies show that 30% of people that suffer with obesity have problems with their libido (sex drive) and sexual performance. This can sometimes be because of medical conditions often associated to people that are overweight. Things such as high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes can cause the arteries to get clogged up with fatty deposits and eventually shut down. The tiny little arteries in and around a man’s penis and a woman’s vagina and clitoris will also be affected and can cause erectile dysfunction in men and make it much harder for a woman to have an orgasm.
Other reasons related to weight are simply because we don’t feel attractive, comfortable or happy with ourselves for eating too much at Christmas!
Not only does weight gain affect people physically, it can also affect them mentally and be a huge knock to the confidence.
If you think that your libido loss could be down to weight gain, here are some tips for boosting your confidence and your libido!
1. Get fit by having sex. I know this is a bit of a catch 22 but sex is one of the most enjoyable forms of exercise out there and you can burn calories a lot faster than a standard gym workout (depending on the duration and position) You’re killing two birds with one stone by getting fit through sex and getting yourself out of the no- sex rut. We all know, the more you have sex, the more you want it!
2. Guys, if erection problems are an issue then try one of our herbal supplements that help to enliven and maintain sexual vigour. The unique formulation targets the stimulation of blood flow, energy levels and sexual
3. Cock rings are also great for helping you keep your erection for longer. They work by holding the blood in the shaft when erect rather than letting it dispense back into the body. There are hundreds of exciting and pleasureable designs to choose from.
4. Girls there are libido enhancers for you too. These will increase desire and blood flow to your vagina and clitoris, making it easier to reach orgasm. There are also arousal creams and gels that can really help to get you in the mood.
5. Another great way to boost your confidence and flatter your curves ladies, is to wear a corset. We have many different styles here at sextoys.co.uk and they come in a wide range of sizes too. They suck you in, in all the right places making you look and feel great! Check out our plus size range or corsets and lingerie here.
6. Alternatively watch the Fitness For Lovers DVD or the Erotic Yoga For Lovers DVD. Both will help you to explore different positions that will help you to become more flexible whilst increasing intimacy and stamina.
How ever you choose to do it, slimming down to a weight that is comfortable can only be good for your sex life. So, lose weight and gain your libido!