Impotence is the inability to gain an erection, which achieves satisfactory sexual intercourse or in some cases the complete inability to gain an erection.
Some men find they can gain an erection but cannot maintain it or it isn’t firm enough for penetration. In most cases the main cause is anxiety, especially in younger males, in middle aged males the main cause is stress, or emotional trauma such as bereavement or separation.
There are a few medical causes such as Diabetes, high blood pressure, or a break down in the blood vessel of the penis. If you feel you are suffering from impotence always consult your doctor to rule out any underlying medical issues.
A lot of Impotence issues can be attributed to mental rather than physical issues, and can be dealt with fairly easily with counselling and therapy. Impotence is no longer the taboo subject it used to be and doctors will be sympathetic and understanding, and will arrange the best course of treatment.
What you can do
There are a few things you can do at home, but always use your GP as your first port of call, it’s important to find out the underlying cause before trying any treatment.
- Try and cut down on stress
- Cut down on smoking and alcohol
- Talk to your partner about your concerns and let them help you.
- Relax and try not get stressed about the prospect of sex.
- See a councillor or therapist
- Try a vacuum Pump
- Try toys that stimulate the penis, such as the REV1000
- Try taking a Supplement like Zuyosa, which is specifically designed to help with getting an erection